[haiku-development] Re: RoundRect ButtonFrame

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 19:42:04 +0000

Axel Dörfler wrote:
On 23.03.2012 18:31, pulkomandy wrote:
IIRC, the plan for BControlLook was to make it replaceable like
decorators.

Nope, it wasn't._/* Theme support has always been considered counterproductive,*/_ as it works against the goal of having a recognizable distinct UI.

Bye,
   Axel.

heh ? I dunno about you, but I always strip my windows install, till it looks startlingly like win95, which looks somewhat like BeOS with the square corners and non transparent windows etc etc etc. But, shouldn't there be a few defaults that users can choose from and a way for those who wish to change the look, to be able to do so ?

I like rounded corners, because they make discerning the buttons easier without having to sit 2 inches from the monitor with some spacings.

Sean