[haiku-development] Re: Res: Scheduler algorithm improvements

  • From: Patrick Kelly <kameo76890@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 13:48:02 -0500

On Nov 6, 2009, at 13:21, Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 8:51 AM, Patrick Kelly <kameo76890@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Nov 6, 2009, at 11:37, Michael Oliveira <michaelvoliveira@xxxxxxxxxxxx >
wrote:
Haiku have serious problems, manly on latency of sound

What latency issues have you notice? Everything has been reasonable here.

Ditto for me, even on slower machines most of my systems have
perfectly working sound.

I have read some people having problems with certain hardware - I have
always thought these are interrupt-sharing related issues, or a bug in
the driver perhaps. Not scheduler-related at all.

Hardware or driver issues is the most likely candidate. Schedualers usually aren't responsible for bad audio, usually...

You should consider filing a bug report, include your sound card model and chipset. Haiku uses the OSS last thing I knew, so it might be a good idea to check the bugs list for your card on the OSS's site.
- Urias