[haiku-development] Re: Res: Re: Res: Re: MidiKit1

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 21:43:30 -0700

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 4:43 PM, David McPaul <dlmcpaul@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2009/10/27 Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 9:01 PM, scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Give me another week...  libmikmod for use in SDL needs to be patched
>>> and they included a patch with the newly released SDL-mixer sources,
>>> but the patch was for an older version.  The patched newer version was
>>> posted in the last day or so, so I need to build that for Haiku still.
>>>  It's on my short TODO list.
>>
>> That will probably solve Michael's problem with the game, but long
>> term it would be nice to have a Media Kit add-on to decode mod files.
>
> Does anyone know a open source mod decoder?
>
> --
> Cheers
> David

libmikmod and libmodplug, both of which build ok on Haiku.
http://modplug-xmms.sourceforge.net/
http://mikmod.raphnet.net/
there may be others, but these are the two i've come across and got to
build on haiku.
Here's the link to the media-libs on HaikuPorts, there's many libs
there that might be of interest.
http://ports.haiku-files.org/wiki/media-libs

-scottmc