[haiku-development] Re: Removing About dialogs altogether

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 22:12:51 +0100

Hi Rimas,

On 12/04/2011 09:30 PM, Rimas Kudelis wrote:
I'm not sure if it's a good idea to remove the replicant menu; I mean
I agree it's pretty much useless, but there are also third party
applications out there (are there still? :-)) that might actually use
it for something. Maybe removing it for everything that lives in
/system/ would be an option.
Other than that, it sounds like a good idea.

I did not say "remove replicant menu". What I'm saying is "remove the
About item from the replicant menu". The menu would stay, but instead of
having "About" and "Remove replicant" default items, it would have
"----AppName----" (witout an action) and "Remove replicant".

I didn't misunderstood you (just forgot to wrote menu *item*); I'm just saying that by removing the action, you may break 3rd party functionality, therefore, it shouldn't be done for those.

Bye,
   Axel.