[haiku-development] Re: Recommend Motherboard and Video Card?

  • From: "Michael Crawford" <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 01:03:58 -0700

I did a little searching, and it looks like Haiku's SATA booting isn't
reliable.  So my motherboard will need at least one Parallel IDE slot.

> I usually use newegg.com, or you could always just make the trip over
> to fry's and be up and running tomorrow.

Thanks, I'll check out newegg.

I'd buy it all from Fry's or Micro Center, but I'm somewhat
budget-constrained.  I really hate to have to do it, as I try to
support brick-and-mortar stores in their battle against online
retailers, but ordering from out of state so I don't have to pay sales
tax would allow me to buy more or better hardware.

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford
mdcrawford at gmail dot com

   Enjoy my art, photography, music and writing at
http://www.geometricvisions.com/
        --- Free Compact Disc ---