[haiku-development] Re: Read-Only Problems

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 09:40:40 -0800

François Revol wrote:
BTW, I think there is still a weird bug in BFS. I will debug this myself but was not able to reproduce it at will yet. What happens is this:

1 - Downloaded hundreds of emails to Haiku using MDR.
2 - Started reading the emails one by one and erasng them.
3 - At some point there was an email whose filename contained weird characters (probably MDr didn't manage to figure out the encoding and correctly convert to UTF-8, so the chars appeared as squares). 4 - When I tried to delete this file, I got an error that it could not be deleted.
5 - All emails after this had exactly the same problem.

Rémi had a similar issue with a file (IIRC it was a japanese language file for zeta).

I have also seen this happen in Haiku, apparently caused by emails using Japanese encoding, most likely ISO-2022-JP or Shift-JIS (brought from a Zeta volume).

Cheers,

Koki