[haiku-development] Re: RTL8101/8102 FreeBSD Driver

  • From: Graham MacDonald <macdonag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 14:45:14 +0100
On 14 Sep 2008, at 14:20, Michael Lotz wrote:

This looks like your driver intends to use fast taskqueues but they're
not configured. If you copied the glue from rl without further changes,
taskqueues won't be enabled for your driver (since the rl doesn't need
them they are not specified there). You have a
HAIKU_DRIVER_REQUIREMENTS() macro in the glue file that specifies what
features the driver needs, which probably is set to 0. For taskqueues
you'd want to enable FBSD_TASKQUEUES, for fast taskqueues
FBSD_FAST_TASKQUEUE and for the shared SWI taskqueue you'd use
FBSD_SWI_TASKQUEUE. I haven't looked at the re source, but probably
using the following should get it going:

HAIKU_DRIVER_REQUIREMENTS(FBSD_TASKQUEUES | FBSD_FAST_TASKQUEUE);

If that's not enough you could try adding the SWI taskqueue as well.

Thanks for that Michael. I tried the line above, and while it now doesn't crash, and seems to be able to send and receive packets (ifconfig reports a small number sent and received) and while it also shows up in the Network Prefs, I can't get ping to work. If I try to ping the ip of another machine on my lan (or google.com for that matter), ping gets a return value of -1 and states:
ping: sendto: No route to host.

Any tips on how to debug this further?