[haiku-development] Re: RFC: /usr symlink?

  • From: Paul Davey <plmdvy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 15:45:58 +1300

Upstream wont accept patches to change the shebang lines because they
have to be /usr/bin/env on other systems. The real problem here is
actually that unix shebang line handling is broken and the only nearly
portable hack that helps fix it lives in /usr/bin not /bin. If we can
make the runtime loader accept /usr/bin/env and use /bin/env this will
likely go away pretty quickly.