[haiku-development] Re: [RFC] translator extensions : gui, interactive, blocking flags

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 19:24:28 +0100

On 2009-12-02 at 17:54:33 [+0100], PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Well some badly written one might do so, though yes they should not do
> > user interaction and let the app decide to retry.
> >
> > But for stuff like the Sanity translator, well it needs to show the
> > scanner GUI.

Well, this application might simply bend the translator interface beyond
what is supposed to be used for. IMHO there should be a different interface
for scanner/digital camera support.

> It may be needed for example when loading an Amstrad CPC picture. The
> format is just a raw screen dump and the user must provide the resolution.
> It may happen in some other similar formats...

I suppose one could simply provide a similar mechanism to
BTranslator::MakeConfigurationView()/GetConfigurationMessage() for reading,
too (unless it can already be used -- I'm not familiar with the translator
API). That way the GUI is kept separate from the "business logic".

CU, Ingo