[haiku-development] Re: [RFC] translator extensions : gui, interactive, blocking flags

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 15:04:07 +0100

Hi,

On 2009-12-02 at 12:34:59 [+0100], François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Progressive rendering of an incompletely downloaded file would be nice
> > too in this context.
>
> Indeed, NetPositive was handling GIF internally due to this lack.

I am pretty sure that this is not indeed a limitation of the translator
API. There was one image shower on BeBits that supported progressive
display. The trick is probably to not use BTranslationUtils::GetBitmap(),
but use translators directly, and then write your own BDataIO that calls
back into your app to render partial bitmaps during the conversion.

Best regards,
-Stephan