[haiku-development] Re: RFC : re-factoring multimon to be generic (non-radeon)

  • From: Alexander von Gluck <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 17:27:46 -0500

On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 20:17:18 +0200 (MEST), Axel Dörfler wrote:
Alexander von Gluck<kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If I don't hear any huge objections over the next few hours I will go ahead and commit the change. I personally feel its a step in the right
direction and hope you do as well.

I would be heavily against this. It's okay to move into a private
shared header for now, but really, this API sucks, and should not ever
be made public.

I agree, the way we handle it with now... sucks to say the least.

The patch I gave was supposed to be a general / temporary move away
from multimonitor support in the radeon driver and *definitely* not a
final API to go with. (I may of been a little too positive on it :))

To be fully honest, I am not knowledgeable enough to start trying to improve multimonitor support the app server. Have any future plans been laid out on how we are going to handle multiple monitors in the future? Are we still worried about Be binary compatibility when it comes to the video drivers and
accelerants?

Thanks!
  -- Alex