[haiku-development] Re: RFC: password roster API

  • From: Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 11:18:45 +0100

> Opinions and suggestions welcome. If this is basically okay,
> I would implement it, and make the network stuff (and maybe
> screen saver) use it.

That's a good addition, but passwords are not the only way to get
credentials these days, and my USB fingerprint device reader will be
happy to
start doing something usefull (and fun!) under Haiku too.
A future higher level API could use password manager as backend and/or
other Pluggable Authentification Modules (PAM) or something similar.

> The service should live in the registrar IMO, and would automatically
> make sure that the passwords are stored in a secure way.

+1

Bye,
  Philippe Houdoin.