[haiku-development] Re: [RFC] ReadMe vs. ReadMe.IntroductionToHaiku

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 15:24:46 +0100

Hi,

Am 05.02.2015 um 15:17 schrieb Augustin Cavalier:
On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 6:40 AM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Or BuildMe? :-)

Please no! ReadMe.compiling is just fine. It locates the file right next to ReadMe, too.

Sounds good to me! :)

    What about ReadMe.md and use markdown syntax?
    It would be nice to have a simple markdown translator then, though :-)

Sure, that would be even better! And I've had a markdown-to-StyledEdit
translator on my TODO list for a while now :)

But StyledEdit doesn't support so many things. IIRC, it has a global text alignment and definitely no bullet lists. It's why I started a new text framework for HaikuDepot. It even has a simple markup parser as a support class. Maybe it is worth looking into extending that (my plans were for Undo/Redo support next) and moving it somewhere public. The editor view needs more support for editing actions. And clipboard support for styled text is missing, too.

Best regards,
-Stephan