[haiku-development] Re: [RFC] Problems bootstrapping ARM with PM

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 23:39:39 +0200

On 09/29/2013 10:49 PM, François Revol wrote:
* zlib sources are not found correctly, I had to patch
build/jam/BuildFeatures (however then x86 doesn't build anymore).

I suppose the bootstrap source package is not created correctly but I
have no idea where to look.

It seems Oliver changed the name of the directory at some point (it looks like in [1]); not sure, if that was intentional or by accident. We'll either have to rebuild the source packages that predate that change or adjust haikuporter to use the old directory name again.

* the BReferenceable class pulled into haiku_loader uses atomic_add(),
which isn't always available on ARM, since we do not have syscalls yet...
Worked around with a #define but it's ugly.

Indeed. A better solution would be to move the addition of the atomic functions from src/system/boot/Jamfile to src/system/boot/arch/<arch>/Jamfile. This way the functions can be replaced easily for ARM.

* I had to remove most packages to get to haiku_loader.

You mean you were to lazy to get them to build. ;-)

* It seems the makebootable rule is declared twice, I don't see why it
would need libbe yet...

You'll have to ask Ithamar. Maybe a temporarily reduced intake of Cola was to blame. :-) For bios_ia32 the boot loader code is written into resources, therefore libbe is required to read them.

CU, Ingo

[1] https://bitbucket.org/haikuports/haikuporter/commits/cf969fec86accf8fc86a3aa0109307a475cd104d