[haiku-development] Re: RFC: Packages and the Deskbar menu

  • From: "Denis Bredelet" <denishaiku@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 08:10:47 +0100

This is a concept implementation

http://ideone.com/wAj9ye

- If a folder is empty it is not listed, and if a folder has a single entry the folder is replaced by that entry (app or subfolder). This is to prevent unnecessary navigation.

IMO (a) that would just look weird and (b) the location of an app would no longer be well-defined.

It will be well-defined.

Oh, now I see what you mean. I should have tried it before I suggested it.

If the Internet category contained just Webpositive, we would have Webpositive before the Office category (wrong alphabetical order) or if order is adjusted, Webpositive would move somewhere entirely different when a messaging app is added or if folder name is preserved Webpositive would just be called "Internet" until the messaging app is added.

:/

Only time it would make sense is a folder with just one subfolder, then that folder name should be used.