[haiku-development] Re: RFC: Packages and the Deskbar menu

  • From: "Chris Peel" <chrispeel.mail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 15:07:45 -0700 (PDT)

Regarding this:

"99% of user's won't ever want to customize the Deskbar so I wouldn't
spend too much time on it."

Where does that statistic come from?

If users aren't interested in customisation, why is there such a market for it?
 I don't just mean from a GUI perspective - look at the skins and cases you can
buy for mobile phones.

Art applications let you draw pictures; photo editing applications let you edit
photos, and so on.  The Apple App Store, Android Marketplace and so on all
categorise applications perfectly well.

Would you really expect a single 100-item category called "applications"? Of
course not - stop trying to be different for no good reason.

Oh, and Terminal goes in Utilities, and Magnify goes in Accessories.  Easy.

—
Sent from Mailbox for iPhone