[haiku-development] Re: RFC PCI config access API change

  • From: Jérôme Duval <jerome.duval@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 19:45:04 +0200

2013/6/24 Jérôme Duval <jerome.duval@xxxxxxxxx>:

>> I may be mistaken, but AFAIR this change should not hurt compatibility, as
>> the arguments are usually 4 bytes large in any case. It might hurt as there
>> is no requirement that the upper bits are cleared, but I don't know how GCC2
>> handles this case.

> Arguments are in fact 4 bytes large anyway, the question is as you
> evoke how many bytes are written by a push byte operation. From the
> IA32 doc, it would be at least 2 (a word or a double word).

I checked with the Debugger on GCC2 and a word is indeed placed on the stack.
So I've gone ahead and made the change. Hope it's OK as is.

While I used the Debugger, I noticed a crash when opening twice the
Inspect memory window.
The values shown are also weird sometimes (0xffff instead of 0xcccc
for instance). I'll post a bug later.

Bye,
Jérôme