[haiku-development] Re: [RFC / Important] Removing extra architectures

  • From: Fredrik Holmqvist <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 22:52:54 +0100

> Eh, I don't think this makes sense.. If extra architecture stuff was limited
> to a few directories, this may work... however the architecture code is a
> mix of define macros, source code, and build scripts. (all things that
> wouldn't merge easily)

There would be a transition for that to happen. ;)
But if arch code for that platform only lives in that branch
(arch/arm) there wouldn't be much merge problems. And files that deals
with a lot arches outside of build system is something that should be
fixed if possible.

But lets get back on topic. I just hate the #ifdefs everywhere thats
not really needed if done differently.

/Fredrik Holmqvist, TQH