[haiku-development] Re: [RFC] Haikuporter - Removing the no-dependencies flag?

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 17:00:11 +0100

On 04.12.2014 16:14, Alexander von Gluck IV wrote:
On , Jérôme Duval wrote:
or fix the .la files themselves.

As I mentioned, we can't just "fix" the .la's as .la files get versions
of non-package files
hard-coded in them

That is exactly what you have to fix. I.e. replace the paths with ones that don't contain a version number.

Example:  libsndfile requires libogg
libsndfile.la gets the path to current /package/.../libogg-3.0.4/...
hard coded into it.

The path has to be replaced by a path using the respective dependency links, i.e. something like "/packages/libsndfile-x.y.z/lib~libogg/". This path remains valid even if you replace the libogg package with a different version, as long as that version is still compatible.

Please just have a look at recipes I've already fixed, ie freetype.

I'm pretty sure this isn't a proper fix as anything that is coded to use
the freetype la's will no longer build.

If that is the case, please file a bug report.

CU, Ingo