[haiku-development] Re: RFC: Haiku graphic driver layout overview

  • From: Alex Wilson <yourpalal2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 10:13:56 -0700

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 2:40 PM, Alexander von Gluck
<kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> I am throwing together a graphics driver development doc for the userguide
> (doxygen) and came up with the following high-level overview image. I
> wanted to throw it out there to see if anyone sees any huge mistakes in it
> before I commit to using it.
>
> http://imagebin.org/188271
>
> It's not super pretty, but rather supposed to be a technical high-level
> overview.

I find this graphic somewhat confusing. I assume Acme and Haico are made-up
graphics vendors, but if that's the case, what is the 'work in progress,
not yet exposed via API'?. Maybe the text that will accompany the graphic
makes this clear, but it's not obvious just looking at the image.

--Alex