[haiku-development] Re: [RFC] Getting rid of the tabs in Terminal, using Stack & Tile instead

  • From: Dario Casalinuovo <b.vitruvio@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 00:34:27 +0200

Hi

I never understood why Terminal would have tabs in the first place. If I
want another Terminal open, I usually want it next to my other Terminal, or
in another workspace.

One of the reasons i like it (in linux) is more fast switching with both
mouse and keyboard.

Personally, I'd say using Stack&Tile would make more sense - especially if
it cleans up the code - but I have absolutely no say in the matter.

If it is implemented so that a new terminal window is automatically tabbed
i say +1, but we don't have a public API yet : (

Regards,
Dario