[haiku-development] [RFC] Adding a void* interface to the midi kit.

  • From: Alexander von Gluck IV <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2014 11:33:45 -0600

The midi application crashes on x86_64 as the midi kit expects int32 pointers for a hook function.

The patch attached introduces a new void* hook interface while keeping the int32 interface for ABI / Source compatibility.

Thoughts? I don't generally make these kind of API changes so posting here :-)

As there have been comments about me not waiting long enough for these kinds of emails, i'm going to commit this on December 14th, 2014 (CDT) (1 week from now) if there is no push back.

Patch:
   http://pastebin.com/2faQUknH

 -- Alex