[haiku-development] Re: RFC: Adding a serial console program to Haiku?

  • From: Dane Scott - TuneTracker Systems <signalcaster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 22:02:12 -0500

> is it only working with usb-serial adapters or does it work with generic
> serial ports as well ? and I know of a tons of useful applications for Serial
> ports. Some of which would attract users and donations
>
> Sean

TT Systems needs it without a doubt.  We have used USB2Serial but encounter
crashes when attempting to communicate with external devices.  Definitely
hoping for a solid serial experience, whether it's through USB2Serial or just
plain access to serial ports, ideally also via a multi-port serial card since
we need to be able to address more than one port.  I've been wishin' and hopin'
for a long time!