[haiku-development] Re: RFC: Adding a serial console program to Haiku?

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 20:41:33 +0000

Alexander von Gluck wrote:
On 22.07.2012 14:43, pulkomandy wrote:
On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 12:35:25PM -0500, Alexander von Gluck wrote:
Good afternoon folks,

Currently Haiku has no serial port console application.

BeOS came with SerialConnect which won't run under Haiku due to #2161

I started writing a Terminal application similar to SerialConnect. I
guess I should hurry up finishing it and commit it I guess.

Ah. Good news indeed :)

If you push what you have so far I definitely could give you a hand with
it if desired.

-- Alex

How robust and capable is the current serial communication ?? is it reliable yet ?

Sean