[haiku-development] Re: RFC: Adding a serial console program to Haiku?

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 19:00:55 +0000

On 23.07.2012 20:09, Sean Collins wrote:

Thats what I was asking about, I didn't think the tty layer was completed for that driver just yet.

Actually I may of missed the point here.. I can confirm that pc_serial isn't functional :)

 -- Alex

I was fairly sure the tty for the standard pc serial was not yet implemented fully. Would be great if it was, theres a number of useful applications that depend on serial that could be ported/recreated for haiku that would draw some interest from the Automotive community. Megasquirt community being a good potential citizen from which to draw interest. OBD2 elm based interfaces etc.

Sean