[haiku-development] Re: R1/alpha Roadmap

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 14:41:08 +0200 CEST

"Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > We have identified the following requirements of an alpha release:
> > * self-hosting (ie. the ability to check out Haiku and build it in
> > Haiku): requires a stable kernel, VM, and networking stack, as well
> > as
> > an adapted build environment
> Is there a more detailed list of tasks associated with these items?
> It
> would be extremely helpful to anyone who may wish to pitch in and
> help
> if they knew what some of the details were.

I'm afraid there isn't a more detailed list. We'll just have to go step
by step through the process until it works reliably.

> > * a bit of polishing to the overall experience to let it appear a
> > bit
> > rounder
> I'm going to assume this is mostly Stippi's area ;)

Not really, I didn't just mean the appearance, but also rough edges in
the distro as well as included applications (the most basic example
would be missing beep sounds).

> > * clarifying all licensing issues, ie. which notes we have to add
> > "AboutSystem", etc.
> Someone was starting a project to do this - wasn't it Matt Madia?

I don't really remember this being done, though.

> > * identify problematic drivers, and either fix them, or temporarily
> > remove them from the image
> Would this include finishing USB-OHCI support? Or maybe that's on the
> roadmap for Beta release?

IMO OHCI support should not affect the release date of the first alpha.

Bye,
   Axel.