[haiku-development] Re: R1alpha 2 : time to get the ball rolling ?

  • From: Colin Günther <coling@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 01:40:42 +0100

Alexander Botero-Lowry schrieb:

I actually have wpa_supplicant compiled, except the necessary
drivers. It compiles pretty much without modification.

Nice to hear :)
The missing
 feature on the wifi stack end to be able to write a working
wpa_supplicant  driver for haiku is some way to get notifications
from the wifi stack (associated, disassociated mainly).

The right place to "throw" the notifications would be in ieee80211_haiku.c notify_node_(join|leave). Though I'm unexperienced with the notification system at all, so I don't even understand what you mean with "correct type of object" and have no time to investigate what this means. But I'm able to give some support once every 24 hours ;)

Thank you for sticking with it Alex.

Kind Regards
-Colin