[haiku-development] Re: R1a4 -- possible?

  • From: scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 08:17:35 -0800

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 2:46 PM, Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> R1a3 is no longer a suitable development platform.
> The current code cannot be compiled out of the box.
> IMO, that alone is reason to do a release.
>

> Would March 18th be too soon for a release?

March 18th is probably too soon for a release, but might serve as a
target date for a freeze.  There's also 7707 which I haven't had time
to dig into, perhaps someone else can fix it up?  It might be as
simple as rebuilding Web+ and others with things in their correct
places and no symlinks in place to correct for old location issues.
https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/7707

There's several optional packages which have new versions that I
haven't added into Haiku yet, such as updated SDL Libs, curl, and many
others, should I start updating those, or just wait?

-scottmc