[haiku-development] Re: R1a4 -- possible?

  • From: fano il primo <fanoilprimo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 21:32:57 +0100

SO to resume:

* From R1 to R2 you've an intrregnum at least 2 years
* From R1 to R2 (interregnum) you could have critical bugfixes, but it
needs time
* R2 it will be so different to R1? R1 apps do works in R2? W/o
recompile? Drivers, too' Well this is really different a driver for
example 2.6.18 needs RECOMPILATION to work in kernel 2.6.26! If R2 not
need this well great...
* An R2 Apoplication cannot work in R1, but for a driver I suppose it
was requested: we can add library/kits to the API (never broke them
I'd say add, not remove functionality if possible), but the kernel
driver interface must be remain the same.

If we'd have the luck INTEL develops a working driver for Haiku (open
or proprietiry for me if it works no problems... I buy the hardware
and I WANT the driver for Haiku as in WIndows I NO PREDENT sources I
don't do for Haiku, too)
we've not to pretend INTEL continues follow us doing continue porting
(and R2 broke driver API, R3 broke driver API... ands so on...): this
is unaccetable, but I suppose its your vision, too... right?

If it's not broken not fix it!