[haiku-development] Re: R1a4 -- possible?

  • From: David Given <dg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 18:03:41 +0000

Adrien Destugues wrote:
[...]
> Not technically impossible, but it will use some developer resources and
> just make R2 take longer to get done. I think we should rather make R2
> have a smaller set of new features, to release it faster (and move
> features to R3, R4...). But that's only my personal idea of it. Maybe
> other devs think otherwise and are willing to backport the security fixes.

Will the new package management system not allow Haiku core components
to be upgraded piecemeal, or will it still be necessary to wipe and
reinstall to get bugfixes and functionality improvements?

│ "I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
│ telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out
│ how to use my telephone." --- Bjarne Stroustrup