[haiku-development] Re: R1/a4 initial planning

  • From: "kirilla@xxxxxxxxxx" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 09:54:37 +0100

26 feb 2012 kl. 20:37 skrev Ryan Leavengood:

> On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 2:14 PM, Gabriel Harrison <nyteshade@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Just to play the devil's advocate Ingo, I didn't see anybody come up with a
>> solid enough argument
>> for, either. It's clear you really want that path but it's also clear many
>> others don't.
>
> I will say that this discussion has at least peaked my interest in Qt
> and especially Qt Quick (as mentioned somewhere on these threads) and
> I do intend to try to use Qt on a real project to better evaluate it.

I haven't used Qt myself, but it seems like it could be one of those proverbial
giant shoulders for Haiku to stand on. (We're standing on some already.)

One could argue that a Linux kernel and graphics stack would complete the
transition - it would delay R1 immensely but possibly fast forward R3 - but
that's not a place most Haiku folks would want to go. Succumbing to Linux
to keep up with Linux...

What makes Haiku Haiku?
What makes Haiku relevant?

Which matters most?