[haiku-development] Re: R1a4 anyboot is 8004MiB (and CafePress disc service is offline)

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 12:26:02 -0400

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 10:34 AM, François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 24/09/2012 05:58, Disreali wrote:
>>
>> Removing perl and/or python from the profile still gives the best result,
> however it then requires users to install it via IOP.
>
> Do we use them for any internal thing ?

I don't think so, but I've been wrong before ;)

I do believe Perl is used for some Git commands though, so I would not
remove Perl if we can avoid it. I would start with Python, and then
maybe also remove Subversion since the Haiku code is now managed with
Git.

Since both Python and Subversion can be added later with
installoptionalpackage I don't think it is a huge deal to remove them.

--
Regards,
Ryan