[haiku-development] Re: R1a4 anyboot is 8004MiB (and CafePress disc service is offline)

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 09:54:23 +0000

On Sep 12, 2012 3:00 AM, "Stephan Aßmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Am 12.09.2012 03:26, schrieb Matt Madia:

>> As of now. The r1a4 anyboot image is 804MiB, with about 20MiB free. So,
>> if we aimed for CD size,then some programs/optional packages would need
>> to be trimmed out.
>
> Can we strip some third party apps to remove debug information? Or is
this a bad idea? Or can we put more stuff into ZIPs?

Good point.  Back in hrev44240, I disabled the stripping of debug symbols
from the optional packages[1]  That turned out to be stripping the
wpa_supplicant binary and breaking it.

Maybe InstallOptionalHaikuImagePackage could be extended to support a new
optional parameter stripDebugSymbols,  which defaults to true.  To control
that, the HAIKU_STRIP_DEBUG_FROM_OPTIONAL_PACKAGES = 1 ;  could be
re-added.  Then for wpa_supplicant, stripDebugSymbols would be set to false.

--mmadia

1:
http://cgit.haiku-os.org/haiku/commit/build?id=deb33d666a962ad78e1957d2216998c88a1a11f5