[haiku-development] Re: R1a4 anyboot is 8004MiB (and CafePress disc service is offline)

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 08:59:48 +0200

Am 12.09.2012 03:26, schrieb Matt Madia:

On Sep 11, 2012 11:55 AM, "pulkomandy" <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
 > Given the trouble we get to fit each release on a CD, I guess it's not
 > so wise to add an extra megabyte of data to it, at least not until we
 > switch to DVD as the distribution medium (I wonder if there are services
 > similar to what we used for a3 to press DVDs ?)

As of now. The r1a4 anyboot image is 804MiB, with about 20MiB free. So,
if we aimed for CD size,then some programs/optional packages would need
to be trimmed out.

Can we strip some third party apps to remove debug information? Or is this a bad idea? Or can we put more stuff into ZIPs?

Best regards,
-Stephan