[haiku-development] Re: R1A4 falling behind -- Ryan? Need for backup release coordinator?

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 15:10:34 -0400

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 11:07 AM, kallisti5 <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It seems we have started to fall pretty far behind on the R1A4 commits.
>
> Ryan, are you out there? :)

Yeah I'm around. I've gotten a bit burned out with this insanely long
release cycle, and have just not been that motivated to boot up my
Ubuntu partition to do more cherry-picking. Of course I've made some
Ruby scripts that make it fairly easy, so there really isn't much
excuse, except I have not been motivated.

Overall Haiku has become much less fun for me now that it is more of a
job than a hobby. I feel like I can't even work on things I'd like to
work on because I should be doing something related to the release.
Though I know others have had this job before too, but I think this is
the longest time we've had an alpha branch so far before a release.

> Here is the current list of things waiting to be merged:
> https://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/R1/Alpha4/MergeTracking
>
> Here is the last commit Ryan made to R1A4:
> http://cgit.haiku-os.org/haiku/commit/?h=r1alpha4&id=fbb6afe44575cca9e49940fb9066753ebc2ed856
>
> That commit was pushed on 10/3/2012, it's now 10/20/2012.
>
> I know stuff comes up... maybe we should designate a backup Release
> Coordinator?

I would be happy to get some help. It really isn't that hard,
especially with my Ruby script (though that could use more work.)

But I'll reboot into Ubuntu today or tomorrow and merge what needs to
be merged. Do we need an alpha branch for the buildtools repo???

--
Regards,
Ryan