[haiku-development] Re: R1/A3 -- Third Time's the Charm(?)

  • From: Pengfei Han <pengphei@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 21:44:43 +0800

Hey all.

I have nothing to say about the coming R1a3, except for the following:

> ReadOnlyBootPrompt has trouble with line breaking chinese text, but
> works fine otherwise. This can only be solved properly by using ICU
> layouting engine for linebreaking the text. I hope I'll have some time
> to do it, but I can't be sure.

 As for this problem, I think it is referred to some old tickets [1] that
need to be solved,

If using ICU could solve this problem, it will be fine. I hope we can
finally solve this, not only for
solving this ReadOnlyBootPrompt question.

Best Regards!
--kurain

1:https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/6194