[haiku-development] Re: R1/A3 -- Third Time's the Charm(?)

  • From: Niels Sascha Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 20:19:16 +0100


On 4 February 2011 18:44, scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> We have a window here between now and when GSoC is to start, so we
>>> need to move on this soon.  I propose we set a feature deadline of say
>>> Feb 28, and then a bug fix deadline of a week or two after that.
>>> Perhaps with the goal of having the Alpha3 by March 14th-21st.
>>> If you are working on something that you really feel needs to be in
>>> alpha 3 then you have 4 weeks to get it in.  If there's no urgent
>>> needs to have new features added in before then, perhaps we can pull
>>> these dates in even closer.  There's been a ton of changes since
>>> Alpha2 and we need to get a fresher stable release out there.
>> It would also need to be arranged with the coding sprint at BG...
>> François.
> Or perhaps that coding sprint come be better used to help put those
> last nails in the Beta features...
> So, how is this for a proposed schedule then:
> February 28 as the cut off date for any new features, including any
> changes to text that would need to be translated by our many
> translators out there.
> March 1 - March 7 as a bug crushing week, and to put in the final
> pieces, including the latest translations from HTA.
> March 8 - 12 to test and work out any major showstoppers. with a
> possible release date 2-3 days after we declare it stable.
> March 14-17 possible release date.

I like the schedule, but it is very ambitious. Maybe we should decide
this week whether the current code is stable enough to release.


Other related posts: