[haiku-development] Re: R1/A3 -- Third Time's the Charm(?)

  • From: scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 09:44:32 -0800

>> We have a window here between now and when GSoC is to start, so we
>> need to move on this soon.  I propose we set a feature deadline of say
>> Feb 28, and then a bug fix deadline of a week or two after that.
>> Perhaps with the goal of having the Alpha3 by March 14th-21st.
>> If you are working on something that you really feel needs to be in
>> alpha 3 then you have 4 weeks to get it in.  If there's no urgent
>> needs to have new features added in before then, perhaps we can pull
>> these dates in even closer.  There's been a ton of changes since
>> Alpha2 and we need to get a fresher stable release out there.
>
> It would also need to be arranged with the coding sprint at BG...
>
> François.

Or perhaps that coding sprint come be better used to help put those
last nails in the Beta features...

So, how is this for a proposed schedule then:

February 28 as the cut off date for any new features, including any
changes to text that would need to be translated by our many
translators out there.

March 1 - March 7 as a bug crushing week, and to put in the final
pieces, including the latest translations from HTA.

March 8 - 12 to test and work out any major showstoppers. with a
possible release date 2-3 days after we declare it stable.

March 14-17 possible release date.

-scottmc