[haiku-development] Re: R1 alpha 2 branch ready

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 10:31:34 -0400

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 09:49, Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 08:55, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> It would be nice, if the regular nightlies built from the trunk could be
>> built from the branch from now on, so we get more testing exposure.
>>
> I'm on working on this now.
> The R1Alpha2 nightlies will go in
> http://haiku-files.org/releases/R1Alpha2/index.php , exactly like R1
> Alpha 1 did.
> I'll be editing that page to clearly explain that these are nightly
> images & are not the official release, which when released will be
> available at the Drupal get-haiku page.
>
> As for an RSS feed for the r1alpha2 images, i don't have intentions to
> set that up.

On second thought, part of the reason for the release/R1Alpha1/
directory was due to trunk's nightlies being uploaded at the same time
(& uncertainty of where the official release will be stored for
download). Since we won't be doing that this time around, i could
simply dump them in the existing anyboot/ raw/ cd/ vm/ directories,
with the following nomenclature:

<arch> will be limited to only x86gcc2hybrid

--mmadia