[haiku-development] Re: R1 alpha 2 branch ready

  • From: Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko+haiku@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 01:27:13 -0400

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 3:31 PM, scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Who built the gcc packages last time?  I'm putting together a list of
> the Optional Packages and the build order but am waiting on the gcc
> packages before we will start.

Oliver built them.  I suppose the plan would have been for me to build
them this time around, seeing as I planned on working on GCC 4.4 in a
branch ages ago, which would ideally have our current GCC4 compiler at
4.4.3 right now.  I kind of had a shift in life which led me to
unfortunately drift away from Haiku, and now as I check in to see
what's happening, I see the next Haiku alpha is due out very soon.  I
also see that GCC 4.5.0 is the current release series on that front.

Due to a recent change of events that is giving me some of my free
time back for the time being, I am trying to get back up to speed with
what I missed in the Haiku world through my overly long hiatus.

If nobody else is eager to build them, I could probably give them a
crack this weekend (or earlier) after I scrape away some of the rust
and get familiar with what has changed since I kind of fell off of the
earth half a year ago.

- joe