[haiku-development] Re: R1 (Final) General Interest poll closed. Results posted. ...

  • From: Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 17:38:34 +0100

Le 16/12/2010 16:13, Karl vom Dorff a écrit :
I'm not saying that Haiku should drop support for all the hardware they currently support. I think if all the developers agreed to develop/buy (get donated) the same piece of laptop or desktop, they could concentrate and focus on fixing the core operating system and not keep adding support for x,y,z hardware or debugging why a,b,c works on Axel's laptop but doesn't work on Stephan's; it's like an endless loop.
Axel, Stippi, Ingo and me all use Thinkpads T60 (or T61). Seems fully supported except the bluetooth and expresscard devices.
Looks like the devs didn't wait for Haiku Inc :)

Unfortunately, I'm not sure it's still possible to buy a new T60 from Lenovo now. And they aren't cheap.

--
Adrien.