[haiku-development] Re: R1 (Final) General Interest poll closed. Results posted. ...

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 12:45:25 -0800

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 12:08 PM, Adrien Destugues <adestugu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think it's cheating to ignore the result telling people 'anyway, you
> didn't understand the question'. A lot of people have or had problems
> with video mode setting. I know my work on intel_extreme helped some of
> them (including myself).

I didn't intend to imply we should ignore the result entirely - what I
meant to imply is that the result is of little value. It doesn't tell
us which hardware we need to focus efforts on first - we're obviously
not going to have video mode setting drivers for every piece of
hardware ready for R1, so setting that goal will basically delay R1
indefinitely.

If we want to do it right, we'll follow up the first poll with further
polls that will gather the pertinent information needed to make
informed decisions about the R1 target.

- Urias