[haiku-development] Re: R1 (Final) Features Polls now open!

  • From: Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko+haiku@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 13:53:15 -0500

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 5:03 PM, Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 14:09, Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Having had a day to think about it more,  would anyone mind if the
> voting on the Trac page is extended by an additional week?

> Since, I don't plan on publishing the results of the general interest
> poll before the 12th,  adding an additional week will allow any
> curious dev to see the results before casting their vote.

I don't think that's too problematic as that will give ample time to
cast votes.  That said, do you think a dev may get influenced to vote
one way or another given the community results?  I suppose that
"problem" already exists in the dev vote, since you can see what
everybody else voted by it's nature.

I'm not saying it's necessarily a problem at all, as I would hope we
can all think for ourselves, but surely there has to be the slightest
amount of influence from other people's votes.

I kind of wish everything was all anoymous so there is no possibility
of being influenced by others.

- joe