[haiku-development] Re: R1 Alpha Release

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 02:02:46 -0400

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 2:36 AM, Caitlin Shaw <rogueeve@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> One day early!! OMG, but...I didn't have time to bake the cake! Was that
> release date for GMT time?

Yeah it kind of caught me by surprise too, even though I was involved
with the release. I went outside to do some yard work and next thing
you know it was released!

> Totally great, you guys. I would download the ISO, but I already have
> the latest build from the SVN, and wouldn't want to contribute to
> traffic needlessly. This is truly a slick product here, even at alpha
> stage. No other free OS has ever got me as excited as this project, nor
> inspired me to want to contribute. Up until a short while ago I ran
> Windows, not because I liked it, but because I would try again and again
> but could never manage to feel completely comfortable in any of the
> alternatives I tried. Then I installed Haiku and have been using it as
> my primary OS ever since.

Wow, that is a really nice comment, thanks for sharing! Reading stuff
like that is a great motivation for we Haiku developers and it let's
us know our work is appreciated.

> Bravo to everyone that brought Haiku to R1 and
> may there be many more releases in the future.

Well as you said above this is an alpha release, R1 is yet to come.
But thanks for the bravo and for the wishes of future releases. I
agree this is the first of many.

--
Regards,
Ryan