[haiku-development] Re: Quick network preference application update

  • From: PHilip RUshik <prushik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 14:29:14 -0500

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 2:22 PM, Clemens Zeidler <
clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Am 25.01.2011, 05:01 Uhr, schrieb Alexander von Gluck <
> kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>

>  I tried quickly adding the wireless access points to my alternate
>> network preference applet a-la the mock-up, but it looks ugly and is
>> really confusing.
>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5560191/screenshot5.png
>>

> Maybe use the available space more efficient. I think the MAC address is
> not interesting in the main view and the device name only if there are
> really more than one network cards/ wifi cards. The encryption type would
> fit beside the network name.
>
> Just a thought: this high row design is not used in haiku anywhere does it
> integrates well into the system? is there a haiku way to do it?
>
> Regards,
>        Clemens

Personally, I don't think it looks that bad. There are a lot of rows, and
placing the encryption type in another column might be a good idea. I think
it would be nice to simply switch the name of the AP and the encryption, I
think the AP name should be one of the first things displayed, unless you
are using Haiku for war-driving, most people are just searching for their
own Access point, not the first one available that it unencrypted.