[haiku-development] Re: Quick network preference application update

  • From: Alexander von Gluck <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 10:01:21 -0600

On Mon, 2011-01-24 at 08:58 +0100, Stephan Aßmus wrote:
> Am 24.01.2011 04:36, schrieb Alexander von Gluck:
> > I started work on a new network preference application..
> >
> > Progress so far:
> > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5560191/screenshot4.png
> >
> > https://github.com/kallisti5/networkneu/
>
> There may indeed be duplicate efforts, as there is another preflet being
> developed in the "src/test" tree. Are you aware of that one? It got an
> update very recently to use some of the new Network Kit classes.

Matt mentioned this other preference applet.  I glanced at it but didn't
realize it was updated so recently.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5560191/screenshot6.png

I might be able to add my custom drawn BListView to it.  I think going
forward I will try to get in touch directly with phoudoin and see if he
is open to some collaboration on getting some additional progress made
on it.

I tried quickly adding the wireless access points to my alternate
network preference applet a-la the mock-up, but it looks ugly and is
really confusing.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5560191/screenshot5.png

Thanks!
 -- Alexander von Gluck