[haiku-development] Questions on using a bash script to modify AboutSystem's COPYRIGHT attribute

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 23:55:01 +0000

As some of you know, the copyright/license attribution in AboutSystem
is contained within a Text attribute.

For two scripts (ticket 4680's optional package installer and a
soon-to-be-made wifi firmware installer), I'd like the ability to add
the respective copyright information to AboutSystem.

I'm thinking about creating a 3rd script to facilitate in the
modification of that attribute -- something that would accept one or
more <path to .OptionalPackageDescription>.  Most of the functionality
can be modeled from build/scripts/build_haiku_image. For the newly
added information, could it simply be appended to the very end of the
attribute or would it be preferred to insert it alphabetically?

Regarding the alphabetical sorting, currently there's two groups:
 * information specified in AboutSystem.cpp
 * information harvested from the various .OptionalPackageDescription
files from installed Optional Packages.
Should this be reported as a bug or is this intended?

--mmadia