[haiku-development] Re: Questions from Haiku novice

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 18:19:17 +0200

Le Sun, 18 Apr 2010 17:14:41 +0200, Markku Hyppönen <make.hypponen@xxxxxxxxxx> a écrit:

I quess I have to do this upgrade several time in a future. Though, I'm
running Haiku in a laptop which can't boot from usb drive. Should I burn
cd every time I want to upgrade or is there any other way to do this?

I found this from haiku web site:

# under BeOS to partition X on the master on the first channel
dd if=/path/to/image of=/dev/disk/ide/ata/0/master/X

Can I use this method to upgrade alpha1 to latest nightly build?

Markku

It is also possible to build haiku directly to a partition using "jam -q install-haiku", if you set the proper settings in your userbuildconfig (don't have them at thand here, sorry). This seems a bit broken at the moment with libstdc++ and libsupc++ not getting copied to the new image, but I expect this to be solved soon.

--
Adrien Destugues / PulkoMandy
http://pulkomandy.ath.cx