[haiku-development] Re: Questions from Haiku novice

  • From: Markku Hyppönen <make.hypponen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 18:14:41 +0300

I quess I have to do this upgrade several time in a future. Though, I'm
running Haiku in a laptop which can't boot from usb drive. Should I burn
cd every time I want to upgrade or is there any other way to do this?

I found this from haiku web site:

# under BeOS to partition X on the master on the first channel
dd if=/path/to/image of=/dev/disk/ide/ata/0/master/X

Can I use this method to upgrade alpha1 to latest nightly build?

Markku