[haiku-development] Re: Questions from Haiku novice

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 10:30:39 +0200

On 2010-04-18 at 00:42:26 [+0200], PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Le Sun, 18 Apr 2010 00:16:40 +0200, Markku Hyppönen
> <make.hypponen@xxxxxxxxxx> a écrit:
>
> > When I tried same with 'Backrounds' application it didn't find
> > liblocale.so library. I managed to fix that by changing LIBRARY_PATH but
> > I couldn't find libicu-common.so.4.2 anywhere (see error below).
> > I guess this is not the right way to do it  so what would be the best
> > way to test my changes?
>
> You are running the alpha1 release, right ?
> The simplest way is to install a newer nigthly build as the locale stuff
> was added after the alpha1 release. Alpha2 should be out soon now, so you
> can wait for it.
>
> For testing purpose, you can have a "lib" folder alongside the executable
> you want to test and throw in the needed libraries there.

This is correct, but the libbe.so <-> app_server interface was changed
since the alpha 1 release, so when you end up copying the new libbe.so
alongside your generated binary, then you are in for some trouble :-). I
think the easiest would really be upgrade your installation with a nightly.

Best regards,
-Stephan